Monday, January 5, 2009

three item introduction

Emily Kelley
Three Item Introduction
My first item is a leather bound Bible. Being a Christian has made me who I am. It is the basis of my life, my decisions and my actions. I have learned all my greatest life lessons from it, and it has taught me how to live.
My second item is a big oil painting I did of a red barn in a field, with mountains behind it and a stormy sky. This painting is most of my favorite things. The first is painting; painting has taught me to see the world, color, light, shapes, and texture as beautiful, and taught me to create, and see what is around me. The second is the barn; I love the country, and being on farms, because they are such a free place, and there I learn to be free. Thirdly there are the mountains; I am so blessed to have grown up in Colorado with the mountains right there, I simply love their beauty. Lastly is the stormy sky which has two meanings. The first meaning is I just love weather, rain storms being my favorite, because of the way they change the scene and even the feeling of the day. The second meaning is that symbolizes the stormy times in life and how I made it through, and it reminds me I can make it through.
My third item is a bouquet of dried red roses. These are something I have always loved to have around. Because they have thorns they remind me of two things. One is that beauty comes from the inside because they are a prickly plant but produce the most beautiful flowers. Secondly they remind me that beauty comes from pain, and the hard times in life only make you stronger and more beautiful.

No comments: