Wednesday, October 15, 2008

PLN 4

In the article “Mexican man sentenced in Denver for smuggling sea turtles” by the Denver Post what matters is animal rights. Martin Terrones was killing the endangered sea turtle to making them into leather products such as boots, wallets and belts. The animal rights activists where very upset saying it was cruel and inhumane. I am not a big believer in animal rights. I believe that God gave us animals to use as we need. However with that comes the responsibility to take care of the animals. They should be handled properly and not taken only for selfish pleasure. It is very practical to use cattle for milk, food, and leather. Martin was wrong here because it was simply to make a profit not a necessity also he wasn’t taking care of what God gave us, because he nearly killed them off completely. I will have to agree with the animal rights activists this time because this is an example of animal cruelty. They have a right to be upset in this case. What Martin Terrones did was wrong and both the animal rights activists and I would agree that it is good he and all his companions were found guilty and sentenced. I enjoy eating meat, but it is our responsibility to keep them safe, and therefore we shouldn’t kill animals unless it is for survival. Martin’s motives were wrong and therefore what he did was wrong not just according to the law but to me and the animal rights activists.

1 comment:

jakeL2012 said...

I love your speach it is such a big topic. I disagree with you on this. But, I think they should be able to live and you know I dont know how to explain it.