Sunday, October 12, 2008

PLN 3

PLN 3
In the article Mountain Highways Snarled by bad weather by the Rocky Mountain News, it talks about winter coming!! They talk about the cold weather, slick roads, and snow. It is all so exciting with the season changing. With the snow and cold weather comes skiing and snowboarding, hot chocolate, fires, and snowmen. I remember the 10 foot tall snowmen I used to make with my dad when I was little – the taller the better! I’m going to try snowboarding again this winter. My brother started teaching me last winter but I need a lot more instruction and practice. To me the first snow of the season brings thoughts of how the Thanksgiving turkey smells cooking in the oven, the Christmas lights showing up all over the neighborhood, winter sports and catching snowflakes on my tongue. But the Rocky Mountain News had other things to report. The first winter weather of the season brought slippery roads, and car crashes, especially to the western side of the Continental Divide. West of the Eisenhower Tunnel an eighteen-wheeler truck crashed into the guard rail and blocked the road, tying up traffic for hours. Numerous fender benders caused weekend travelers a little inconvenience. Ski areas, however, were pleased to have some natural snow to help build a base for opening day which is coming soon. The Denver area was didn’t get snow today, but the article talks of a mixture of rain and snow tomorrow in Denver. If we do get snow the situation could very well end up the same on highways around here. Winter is coming and bringing with it all the fun and frusteration.

No comments: